Live ammunition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
on closer inspection the one on the right says MM 380 AUTO I think, don,t have my good glasses.
The one on the left says PMC 38 SPL
The one in the middle says PMC 357 MAG
I'm impressed that you could tell from the rubbish photo, you know your ammo alright
You can tell revolver or auto by the lips or grooves round the base.
Yours sincerely,
Bandit Country Kid.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I ever faint with excitement you know that not only have a I found a Dillon Aero M134 and a full ammo pack in a kitchen cupboard, but I've just heard the tell-tale sound of a burglar putting his first foot through the kitchen window.

I found a couple of live 12 gauge shotgun shells on the lawn a few months back after next door's kids had a party. I couldn't imagine why they were there, but I dropped them off at the local gun shop for disposal. I would recommend the same for the bullets the OP found.

In far off Malaya, we kids were playing in the hotel grounds. One of our number came up with a box of shotgun cartridges. We looked them over, but didn’t’ recognise them. So, I brought a hammer over and we started to examine them more thoroughly. Powder and pellets. The powder could be made to crackle when hit so we continued the job. My dad turned up, to see what we were up to, and nearly fainted. Took the hammer away and stormed off to the hotel bar. Turns out the finder had seen a shotgun and box of cartridges in the back of an open jeep. Idiot officer had left the stuff open to thievery. Court martial offence, of course. Dad kept quiet. My quick witted younger brother stashed a few cartridges in his pocket. Later cashed in as there was a reward system for weapons and ammo during the Emergency. Little sod! 25 dollars I believe.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I were a lad there was still a lot of ammo about from the war. Mainly .303, but some pistol rounds and occasionally some fifty cal. We used to put them in the vice in my Dad's shed and light them off with a hammer. Some of them were tracer and we had great fun with those.

Anyway, were were grassed up by neighbours and I had to hand the ammo over to Dad to avoid a thrashing. Fortunately, it didn't take us long to obtain some more, but we took this lot well away from a village, lit a fire and chucked them on there instead. How I lived long enough to become an adult is anyone's guess.

Top Bottom