Live Rocket Launch Sunday 8th Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
These are proving popular with the Cycle Chatters.

So a heads up for the next live rocket launch for the Deep Space Climate Observatory
Sunday 8th at 6.10pm Eastern US, which is 11.10pm GMT
(For Victor down under - 9.10am Monday morning)

Live feed HERE
Press the HS ISS Views for some stunning streaming video of our planet

accountantpete

Brexiteer
If you can't wait, here is a link to some old ESA launches.

http://www.esa.int/spaceinvideos/Directorates/Launchers/(sortBy)/published

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Am I the only one who thinks that Thunderbirds was way, way over-engineered?
A whole network of slides to get into Thunderbird 1, and a sofa on wheels and hydraulics to get to Thunderbird 3?
They should have built all that sort of thing into Heathrow Terminal 2!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
@ianrauk , that NASA TV program calendar applet on their web page isn't working properly. The TV program for the launch starts at Sunday 3:30pm Eastern US (which is GMT-5), which makes it 8:30pm your time (and 11:10pm for the actual launch). This then makes the launch Monday 10:10am my time (I'm on GMT+11 at the moment, due to DST). However, that calendar browser app shows the launch TV program starting in my timezone at 7:30am Sunday not Monday. I've checked it several times.

Feel free to double-check it and prove me wrong, but when I select the options 'Sunday', '7:30am' and 'GMT+11', that's when I see the launch TV program showing.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
A whole network of slides to get into Thunderbird 1, and a sofa on wheels and hydraulics to get to Thunderbird 3?

Wash you gob out with soap.......or we'll get Vernon's butler round to ninja your butler in the throat. :wacko:

These are proving popular with the Cycle Chatters.

So a heads up for the next live rocket launch for the Deep Space Climate Observatory...
Press the HS ISS Views for some stunning streaming video of our planet

Proving popular, Ian.
Does that mean we'll have a 'Laika' button for this thread? :smile:

(For all you 'younger' ones.:tongue: )

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Matey, when I was a kid I so badly wanted to be Virgil Tracey. He had the coolest name, was the best looking, smoked fags, flew the biggest and baddest of the Thunderbirds, did all the dangerous work, and was generally so manly I still weep tears of masculine joy every time I watch the programme. Hell, the ringtone on my phone is Thunderbirds.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@ianrauk , that NASA TV program calendar applet on their web page isn't working properly. The TV program for the launch starts at Sunday 3:30pm Eastern US (which is GMT-5), which makes it 8:30pm your time (and 11:10pm for the actual launch). This then makes the launch Monday 10:10am my time (I'm on GMT+11 at the moment, due to DST). However, that calendar browser app shows the launch TV program starting in my timezone at 7:30am Sunday not Monday. I've checked it several times.

Feel free to double-check it and prove me wrong, but when I select the options 'Sunday', '7:30am' and 'GMT+11', that's when I see the launch TV program showing.

It seems it just doesn't work properly down under. You always seem to have problems with the site. NASA doesn't like you Aussies.

Last edited:

Ganymede

Veteran
Matey, when I was a kid I so badly wanted to be Virgil Tracey. He had the coolest name, was the best looking, smoked fags, flew the biggest and baddest of the Thunderbirds, did all the dangerous work, and was generally so manly I still weep tears of masculine joy every time I watch the programme. Hell, the ringtone on my phone is Thunderbirds.
I roared at this, but it was sympathetic laughter! :laugh:

Top Bottom