Lively spec for a 699 quid road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Update:

036.jpg

To be Continued... :evil:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Back not long ago from the maiden test flight. Need to do some serious tweaking with the position of saddle and just ordered a shorter stem lol. Pics imminent....

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Bars have been sorted and are less flared since pic was taken. No comments about small sprocket small ring either - it came out of the box this way ;)

042.jpg

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I think it will be with the new stem 3bMcG! I didn't tighten the bolt properly that fixes the saddle to the seatpost (if you know what I mean) and the saddle must have slid right forward on the rails during the brief ride. So it felt really stretched out. Oh, and the saddle was was too high also. So to summarise, it was hugely uncomfortable :laugh: That was my fault though, not the bike. Have sorted the saddle height and position out now and an identical 90mm version of the 110 stem it came with is ordered from Wiggle. Aside from those minor things, the shifting was very precise and fast. The brakes were also excellent. It did feel like it's going to be a bit faster than my Ribble also. Found myself doing 18mph with hardly any effort at all, which in itself is no big deal but taking into account the dodgy setup, I was quite impressed with.

There's some dodgy fitting / paintwork around the top of the headtube / headset but it's purely cosmetic (I hope). Even so, not massively impressed with that. Got a free full size pedal spanner and a nifty little multi tool thrown in though.

Hope to be able to commute on it Tomorrow - weather permitting :thumbsup:
Will be able to give a better review tomorrow night, if so.

Cheers,
SD

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
'Teef!

Am signed up for the Whitstable ride, so will be able to see/heer it then - Yes it does have an annoying fulcrum freehub :thumbsup:
Which is almost as lairy as the paintjob.

tigger

Über Member
Nice looking bike - just thinking, do you need another stem with all that rise? Stem and bars look weird to me

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The replacement stem arrived an hour ago and it's now been fitted. The saddle height has been adjusted and bars sorted. Provided my stiff neck is feeling better in the morning, I shall be taking it out for more testing :thumbsup:
The setup looks like what I was aiming for, with saddle not very much above the bars, for a more upright feeling. Might still have to replace seatpost with a straight one, with no set-back, as the reach to the hoods is about 2cm longer than my other bikes.

A few more piccies...

006.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

001.jpg

Top Bottom