Liverpool - Chester - Liverpool 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So who's doing the liverpool chester liverpool then on the 18th July???
Would be far easier to start it at the chester racecourse as the parking there would all be catered for.. anyone know where is best to park near to start in liverpool????

PaulB

Legendary Member
Me. There's a public car park right next to the start line and it's usually fairly empty even on event day (although they charge now on a Sunday!) You get into it under that Marriott hotel.

Wavey

I'll be playing too, it will be my longest run so far.

You should be able to park on William Brown Street, which is directly opposite the tunnel entrance. Pay & Display

Two mile commute

I completed the Liverpool - Chester ride. Anyone do the audax or LCL? the missing link was my favourite: rain + cyclists + cow dung = skid pan for slicks.

dodgy

I ride the missing link about 3 times a week :smile: will be riding it tomorrow too! Maybe the rain has washed the muck away!

Wavey

Quite chuffed with myself for completing LCL, 60 miles door to door the longest ride of my life so far.
Got a bit damp of course, but it's only water and I am drip dry.
Will definitely go again next time.

By the way, does anyone know of any other similar rides locally?

dodgy

By the way, does anyone know of any other similar rides locally?

Eureka Cyclists Cafe organise an anniversary ride each year, one mile per year of existence. So this year, seeing as it's the 81st anniversary of the cafe, it's an 81 mile ride across Cheshire. There are also shorter options.

Sunday 29th August - Start at the Cafe at two Mills.
81 miles : Start at 9:00 with lunch at Holt
50 miles : Start at 9:30 with lunch at Holt
33 miles : Start at 10:00 lunch at the finish, the Eureka Cafe
http://www.eurekacyclistscafe.co.uk/

Cost of entry is usually just a few quid. Last year that included hot lunch at Holt (beans on toast, tea and fruit cake), energy drink from SIS and a goody bag at the end.

You won't find a better value organised ride, though there usually are no road signs or marshals. The route is usually made available in advance and I just program it into my Garmin bike computer. If you turn up, just tag along with another group.

Wavey

Free beans on toast? I'm in!

Thanks for the info Dodgy, looks interesting though not sure about 81 miles yet. Maybe a bit more practice will get me there.

Top Bottom