Liverpool Cycle Shops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aces_up1504

Last question for a while I promise.

As mentioned I limited by the halfords cycle to work scheme on where to purchase a bike.
The works scheme opens up in a couple of weeks so in full research mode now.

Halfords seems to have bad press build quality wise: Are the Liverpool halfords any different?

Outside of halfords:
Quinn Cycles on edge lane and Picton Cycles in Wavertree accept the vouchers. Does any one have any experience with either?

ohnovino

Large Member
Both my bikes are from Quinns - they get a big thumbs up from me. They do get a bit overrun at times though, so if you go when it's busy you may have to hang around for a while, and if you go on a Saturday then take a packed lunch and a good book!

Picton Cycles seem very friendly, but I found their range was a bit limited.

IME the Halfords in Speke and the one on Edge Lane are both completely hopeless.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Quinns are excellent, as are Pictons - also Thatto cycles in St Helens (but I haven't been there in a year or so, they were moving tmuch more towards internet sales last time I was there)

Halfords are very poor to be honest, unless you know exactly what you are looking for

Andrew

on the road

Über Member
There's an Evans Cycles on Hanover Street, I don't know if they accept the vouchers but there's nothing wrong in asking. Also there are other bike shops, one on Parliament Street and one on the Strand, again I don't know if they accept the vouchers but does no harm to ask.

darth vadar

Über Member
There's an Evans Cycles on Hanover Street, I don't know if they accept the vouchers but there's nothing wrong in asking. Also there are other bike shops, one on Parliament Street and one on the Strand, again I don't know if they accept the vouchers but does no harm to ask.

They are both Giant shops.

Thatto Heath Cycles have also been good for me in the past.

Servicemycycle

Its life Jim but not as we know it!
Quins are good but I prefer John Geddes in widnes if you can get there Chris and the guys have always been helpful to me!

david k

Hi
Last question for a while I promise.

As mentioned I limited by the halfords cycle to work scheme on where to purchase a bike.
The works scheme opens up in a couple of weeks so in full research mode now.

Halfords seems to have bad press build quality wise: Are the Liverpool halfords any different?

Outside of halfords:
Quinn Cycles on edge lane and Picton Cycles in Wavertree accept the vouchers. Does any one have any experience with either?
halfords at st helens is very good

Top Bottom