Liverpool stage - details anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
Yes, we want to know where to stand to catch the most discarded drink bidons.

On Thursday we ended up watching them pass by about 2 miles past the feed station. There were plenty of bidons being tossed aside as they cycled towards us, but after all the race entourage had passed, a few vehicles follwed stopping at the roadside collecting all most of the discarded ones. On our slow cycle back towards Hornsea we only found a couple under the hedges. Going on the state of the Plowman Craven one I accquired, the teams re-use them a few times

yenrod

Crackle said:
Don't ask me how but I thought this was coming to Liverpool on Monday - Duh!

Can't make Sunday :blush:

How in heavens name can you think this race is coming to Liverpool on Monday - planet earth calling Crackle...

Still, I'll be there: probably.

Doing a ride THEN having to go to Liverpool CC is a real pain.

Still, we'll see what happens.

dodgy

There's a very good chance that Steve Cummings could win overall today, that would be quite something considering he's a Wirral lad.

dodgy

Did anyone go then? I was there, stood near the finishing line by the Shimano show tent. Nice little day out :smile:

yenrod

dodgy said:
Did anyone go then? I was there, stood near the finishing line by the Shimano show tent. Nice little day out :wacko:

Yep - Dodge': I went, got about 20mins of vid.

Will sort it later but some of its pants.

Had a bit of a barny with some official who didn't like the idea of me putting my bike against a road closed sign even though hardly any cars go along that road anyway.

Good job the video wasnt recording then ! B)

Stiil, got a bottle from the CSC-SAXO:BANK team who had a load of filled up' spare so gave them away.

I dont know what was in it bit it tasted good on the bike :blush: but for a regular drink it didnt do anything.

Think it was ScienceinSport as it was one of the sponsors - may just research the drinks they do: nice taste.

Seen Tyler Hamilton working on his public relations after coming back from his drugs probs... :smile:

Malcolm Elliot: looks fit as usual, even had DMT training shoes.

Didn't see anyone else really other than when they were riding.

I wanted a roady cap if poss. BUT they went otherways...

http://rapidshare.com/files/145275924/MOV0022A.mp4.html

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I was there, at the hairpin at the very top of the course. Saw Hayles (at least I think it was him) and an Australian fall, but they both got back up. Hayle got back with the bunch, but the other chap trailed around by himself for the next 5 laps.

Got no freebies, but it was pretty good fun.

Andrew

yenrod

I wondered why Hayles was off the back.

Still, it was bloody fast - on the final lap: I seen them jockeying for position as the finish straight was flat coming off a slight downhill !

Top day!

Globalti

Legendary Member
My family and I went to Liverpool to watch the end of the Tour of Britain. My son aged 9 picked up a discarded drink bidon and drained the last few drops. For the rest of the day he suffered a very evident priapism and when we got home he rode his Islabike round the block at speed, killing two cats and scattering children in all directions. In the end we had to deploy a garden rake to puncture his tyres in order to get him to stop for his supper. This morning his testicles are twice their normal size and hairs are sprouting on his chest.

Should we be worried?

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Rigid Raider said:
My family and I went to Liverpool to watch the end of the Tour of Britain. My son aged 9 picked up a discarded drink bidon and drained the last few drops. For the rest of the day he suffered a very evident priapism and when we got home he rode his Islabike round the block at speed, killing two cats and scattering children in all directions. In the end we had to deploy a garden rake to puncture his tyres in order to get him to stop for his supper. This morning his testicles are twice their normal size and hairs are sprouting on his chest.

Should we be worried?

No, not at all - it is normal for children to experiment with alcohol - although 9 is perhaps a little young ! :angry:

p.s. My daughter has an Islabike, and thinks it is the bees-knees (even though she prefers to gawp at the Disney channel, rather than go out in the fresh air!) :biggrin:

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
On a slightly different note, but one connected to the link above .. I found this a few minutes ago whilst searching for Landis' excuses...

Many assumed that he might not even achieve a place on the podium. Among the exceptions to this pattern of thinking was five time tour winner Eddy Merckx. Merckx bet 100 euros against 75 to 1 odds that Landis would still win the Tour.[10] His son, Axel Merckx, was on Landis's Phonak team for the 2006 Tour.

Top Bottom