Llandudno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Anyone going to Llandudno this weekend? They are celebrating 100 years of the RAF. The Red Arrows will fly past at noon tomorrow, helicopters ride, the Army, Princess Ann to open the show tomorrow as well. Should be a good 2 days for all but don't take your car, use Park and Ride. If we go, we will use the buses and our free bus pass. I might take a bike ride there tonight to see what is there exactly. All the hotels and b and bs are fully booked and traffic is horrendous.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey, @si_c's ride is going there tomorrow ... It sounds like trains back could be very busy!

Slick

Guru
Sounds like a great day. Whilst the red arrows are a great sight, it would be great to see some of the older classics.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Right, back from a ride to Llandudno. The whole promenade is closed to traffic from the bottom of the Little Orme to the pier. Bodafon field , on the prom, before you get to Llandudno itself is where all the military vehicles are, including a helicopter. In Llandudno itself, a fighter jet is on the prom for people to sit in and there is a navy ship out at sea. I think Princess Ann is coming at 11 am. The place will be heaving for the next two days but it should be good for everyone. I saw loads of Park and Ride places in various fields outside the town. Let the fun begin.

si_c

Guru
Wow, sounds a bit mental. I'm was planning on extending my ride out a bit anyway, so I may just ride back to Chester or home instead of trying to get a train back then.

Overall it seems it's probably a good thing there wasn't much uptake for the ride tomorrow, would have been madness trying to get several people with bikes if it's super busy.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5295575, member: 259"]. She also taught me several extremely rude words in Welsh involving dogs and potatoes.[/QUOTE]
At the same time?!

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5295575, member: 259"]I used to go out with a girl from Llandudno and i can pronounce it proper. She also taught me several extremely rude words in Welsh involving dogs and potatoes.[/QUOTE]

My welsh mate has ludo tattooed on his todger..

He said if you stroke it it says Llandudno:laugh:

Top Bottom