Load of vintage Vikings for sale....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Nice bikes but expensive.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Spotted that as well.... don't think that was my old one... and if it was I don't think I'd be owning it again...... its the same seller as the collection, he's got loads on there all nice but all over priced imho

stevevw

Guru
Sorry didn't spot that it was the same bike ..... bit odd he's listed all the bikes together and then separately... what happens he gets bids on both listings?

I doubt he will get bids at all, but think about it the Severn Valley when it came out was one of the top models. Used to win the Tour of Britain, both individual with Ian Steel and team in 1951. So one of today's top models Pinarello Dogma F8 at 12k makes £800 sound like a bargain to me.

I own look after this one:
http://classicvikingcycles.com/phot...ley-models/1954-viking-severn-valley-sn-v251/
and I bet it will cost me much more than £800 by the time I have it finished. To be honest I am not bothered how much it will be worth as I would rather pass it on to my son when I get too old to use it than use it as part of my pension fund. Another thought, L'eroica Britannia has done nothing to help keep prices low on classic lightweights and components, supply and demand?

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@stevevw that's a cracker. As for waiting to pass it on, my son just decides that every bicycle I get is potentially one for himself. That is until he rides them and then he keeps going back to his old raleigh rapide.

As for prices inflating, classics of anything should get the proper price they deserve if they have been looked after or lovingly restored. At the end of the day it's a passion for some either as a user, owner or even restorer.

I'm a new convert and I fall in the part time restorer, but I haven't parted with many of the bikes I have finished.

Long live the steel ;-)

stevevw

Guru
Luckily my son has a flat of his own in London and only has room for the two Raleigh's I built for him and his girlfriend 4 years ago. i am glad to say they ride them every day and they still look like I built them yesterday.

The Viking will be ready for L'Eroica Britania 2015 Will try and remember to do a build thread on this one.

midlife

Guru
Viking relaunched the Severn Valley in 1978 with the then new and revamped Campagnolo GS groupset...........if you are searching for a Severn Valley don't pay that much for a relaunch model.

Shaun

midlife

Guru
Yep, Jimmy Saville did front Vikings move to Northern Ireland..........

p0004851.jpg

Top Bottom