Lobster Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any recommendations for Lobster gloves....my hands haven't recovered from a freezing ride two weeks ago.....

Just reccos please - not a debate on the validity/ usefulness of Lobster Gloves !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PX have some for £19.99 - two finger type.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think almost any, I use some I bought for skiing. It helps that my winter steed has bar end shifters, so i don't need to worry about whether I can fiddle with STI levers. Make sure you can fit a liner in them for when its really cold. And if its colder than that, its probably icy, so stay in.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Also, not everyone's hands are the same - so be wary of reviews especially if you suffer from cold hands. I can generally get away with lightweight full finger, unless freezing or below, when I use Nightvision gloves.

pclay

Veteran
i have the planet X lobster gloves. They are the only ones i have owned so cannot compare. They are warm, but i still feel the cold through them at minus degree temps.

Big John

Guru
I've used Sealskins lobster ones for years now. For me they were a game changer. I did spend an age, however, in scouring the internet until I found some I could afford. They're not cheap but they keep your hands warm. Don't get hoodwinked by any marketing hype that they're waterproof though. They ain't. But I wouldn't swap them for any others when it gets proper cold, like the recent cold snap. I did see some lobster glove 'covers' in Trespass some years ago and thought about buying them to keep the water out but I didn't succumb and I still just wear the original gloves.

Sixmile

Veteran
I've the Planet X one's too and have used them for a few winters. I still get cold fingertips maybe due to how misshapen the inner liner is now that they've been through the wash a few times.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I got a three-in-one set from Assos. They were "reduced" (last year's colour or whatever) to about a hundred quid. To be fair though, that's a waterproof lobster outer, a rather good fleece middle layer and thin innermost. They can be worn in various combinations with even the thinnest OK for cool but not cold days. Not sure I'd want to pay a lot more, but they are excellent

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Many a sideways look from others when I wear these; but many an admiring glance when we are in the café and the others are trying to defrost their fingers on a cup of coffee whilst I am wiping the sweat off my hands.

Top Bottom