Local crime maps - scary stuff!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Clear-up rates, if you define that as a conviction at court, are pathetically small for most crimes - single percentage figures or just over.

The exception is murder, which in most districts will be 90+ percent clear up rate, although London has taken a hit in the last few years.

Murders aren't any easier to solve, but the police throw the kitchen sink at them.

In my area, it's not uncommon for dozens of coppers to be working on a murder, particularly in the early stages.

As most of us know, a burglary or minor assault may get very little attention in comparison.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Compared to a lot of places, the upper Calder Valley seemed to me to be a pretty safe and crime-free area. But then I found crime maps on police.uk...

I was pretty shocked at how many sexual and violent crimes there are. Quite a few burglaries. As for bicycle thefts - I found a little hot spot at Hebden Bridge railway station. This is a small 2 platform station serving a town with a population of only around 4,500 people...

View attachment 489174

View attachment 489175

The numbers in the black circles are just for the station. The numbers in the Bicycle theft boxes are for the whole valley.

Blimey @ColinJ - have you not seen "Happy Valley"? ^_^

Top Bottom