Local Faceache groups !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Someone posts a moan about people riding 2 abreast and there's a pile-on of cycle haters.. if I posted moaning about someone endangering my life there's probably be an anti-cyclist pile-on as well.

I posted a picture of a near-miss yesterday where it was another driver who was endangered (by the Isuzu overtaking too close to a blind bend), and there's been no crazy anti-cyclist comments so far, no whataboutery, a lot of sympathy and the family who faced a truck hurtling at them bend have commented on it too.

My purpose in posting it up was to warn drivers that they may be caught more easily than they think on our local roads, and 35 reactions, 24 comments and the silent majority in this 7,900 member group lead me to conclude that this was a good idea on this occasion.

You could have pulled into that layby to let the truck past.

Bloody cyclists.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My local is wibbling about kids on bikes playing chicken and the danger they pose to other road users. I get the chicken being bad, but it needs bad driving for it to endanger others, but there's no good way to point that out because all local drivers are saints and all crashers are outsiders.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Someone posts a moan about people riding 2 abreast and there's a pile-on of cycle haters.. if I posted moaning about someone endangering my life there's probably be an anti-cyclist pile-on as well.

I posted a picture of a near-miss yesterday where it was another driver who was endangered (by the Isuzu overtaking too close to a blind bend), and there's been no crazy anti-cyclist comments so far, no whataboutery, a lot of sympathy and the family who faced a truck hurtling at them bend have commented on it too.

My purpose in posting it up was to warn drivers that they may be caught more easily than they think on our local roads, and 35 reactions, 24 comments and the silent majority in this 7,900 member group lead me to conclude that this was a good idea on this occasion.
View attachment 536453

Post the link so we can all pile in... :boxing::laugh:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Let's face it, local Facebook groups are havens for those pasty, indoor dwelling tattoed fatties that do a lot of virtual curtain twitching and pitchfork wielding. The solace in their crap lives is finding things to moan about with other similar thick people. I see the odd snapshot but my life is better off without seeing into that world regularly.

rivers

How far can I go?
Let's face it, local Facebook groups are havens for those pasty, indoor dwelling tattoed fatties that do a lot of virtual curtain twitching and pitchfork wielding. The solace in their crap lives is finding things to moan about with other similar thick people. I see the odd snapshot but my life is better off without seeing into that world regularly.

Not all of us who are pasty and tattooed are indoor, dwelling fatties.... But it does take a lot of work to remain pale in the summer (many liberal applications of factor 50 when outside).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice one that it shows you on the bike too. I've got a dash cam in the car that I've hard wired in and I've forgotten about it completely as it's hidden behind the mirror, and the rear one is tiny. Hopefully, it may help either me or someone else one day (I hope I never need to review any footage).

Drago

Legendary Member
Why bother with Facebook groups? Who needs to fill their life with moaning twits, and who needs to elevate their blood pressure and waste their precious life arguing with them? I meet enough chimps simply going about my normal business without going looking for them.

Get off the group (or even better, get off of Faecesbook) and move on. You can't train dumb, so why bother trying?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My local FB pages probably have those types but nobody pays much attention to them. During the current pandemic they are virtually the only way to put out essential information and without this means of communicating community news life would be much more difficult.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I used to love correcting these imbeciles.
Moaning about riding 2 abreast, road tax etc. Then I'd add links to the relevant official position on those things and the moaners would suddenly go quiet or start on about cyclists riding on the paths, jumping red lights etc. Then I'd point out that cars don't just hover onto the paths for parking etc.
They'd soon stfu :biggrin:

Gave up reading facebalony a while back. More happiness followed.

Top Bottom