Local Outdoor Centre Broken Into.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Number of high end Orange Mountain bikes taken. Halifax.

Exact number unknown at this time.
White & Orange in colour.
Hardtails and full suspension.

Within the last hour.

alicat

Legendary Member
Oh no, sounds like you had a sleepless night.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Will be insured, so at least they will be able to buy more.
That makes it alright then!

Besides, I wouldn't be so sure these will be insured. Worthwhile insurance in cases like this can be difficult to obtain or prohibitively expensive. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the bikes are not insured. I hope I am wrong, or the bikes are safely recovered.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If they’re that distinctive, they’ll likely end up stripped down for parts on eBay.
Shame things like this go on, but it always will, sadly.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm supposing that even if the bikes are eventually recovered,the shop won't be able to sell them for the original asking price as the bikes will be considered damaged. Would/could that be the case?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm supposing that even if the bikes are eventually recovered,the shop won't be able to sell them for the original asking price as the bikes will be considered damaged. Would/could that be the case?
Not a shop, an outdoor centre.

Even with insurance getting them replaced by tomorrow won't be easy. Means that any planned trips, this week at least, will now be off whilst this is sorted.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
If they’re that distinctive, they’ll likely end up stripped down for parts on eBay.
Police have recovered two, at least.

Chances are, they'll be "just a bike" to those who took them.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Now believed to have been stolen to order, and from outside the local area.

The damage caused to the entrances to the building meant that for two weeks after, the centre couldn't operate. All activities suspended whilst repairs were carried out.

screenman

Legendary Member
Of they can claim then the premium will jump up next year, so there is still a cost involved for the innocent party.

Top Bottom