Local shops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd also like to add that the Friday before,my laptop wouldn't let me log in. I phoned him and he spent a good 20 minutes (no charge) talking me through how to log back in. It was similar to,though not as dramatic as those who get 'talked down' from the control tower when having to take a plain's controls after the pilot has passed out.🧐

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's quite handy then.

I've got multiple different devices which I can use to access the web so I could get by for a while if something happened to one of them, but the laptop I am on now is the only device modern and powerful enough to develop my software on.

stephec

Legendary Member
Total thread resurrection!

Friday night my laptop's mains connection wire/cable went kaput,meaning i had an hour's battery life left:ohmy:. I phoned a local computer shop owner who said he'd have a look for one in his shop in the morning. He spent half an hour searching for one that fit. After he'd found one i asked how much i owed him. He said 20 quid. How about that for cheap local service!:okay: Yes,i know it wasn't new,but if he hadn't been there i'd have had to order one off the internet,waiting a week or so for it to arrive and he came out all for a mere 20 pounds!
Does that mean we wouldn't have seen you on here for a week? 😄

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a pork and stuffing pie,mushy peas and gravy (very nice gravy,with bits of steak in) from a local pie and cake shop yesterday. The next time i do that i'm going to take my own metal spoon as the plastic shop one couldn't cut though the pie's pastry. I tried too hard and the spoon broke the polystyrene box thing the meal came in. Half of it ended up on the floor!:sad: Ah well,at least my dog enjoyed it.:rolleyes:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Only 8 days to go and then the local(ish...4 miles from home) retro clothing shop i work in part-time reopens:smile:. We only open Thursday,Friday and Saturday,so the doors open 3 days after the non essential shops are allowed to reopen.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Flipping Noodley has popped up on my timeline. I hate that bloke.
Noodley is the name our 5yo gives to the vortex which appears when you drain the water out of the bath. It's unrelated I'm sure.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I bought a pork and stuffing pie,mushy peas and gravy (very nice gravy,with bits of steak in) from a local pie and cake shop yesterday. The next time i do that i'm going to take my own metal spoon as the plastic shop one couldn't cut though the pie's pastry. I tried too hard and the spoon broke the polystyrene box thing the meal came in. Half of it ended up on the floor!:sad: Ah well,at least my dog enjoyed it.:rolleyes:

A plastic spoon and a polystyrene box! What is wrong with a little wooden spork thing and a cardboard box?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
1618225075164.png

Top Bottom