Loch Eck Youth Hostel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know the location of the building that would have been the youth hostel at Loch Eck years ago?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Does anyone know the location of the building that would have been the youth hostel at Loch Eck years ago?
I thought...."I will google it and find out".
All I got was a link to a forum called Cyclechat" from someone called @furball .
Ah well....I tried:rolleyes:

slow scot

Veteran
If you think this hostel was in Scotland, I'm pretty sure there was never one of that name. Not in a 1968 SYHA handbook anyway. The nearest in name would be Loch Ard hostel, which has been gone for many a year.

Brains

Legendary Member
A google search for the area, look for Barts or OS maps in 'images'
Find the map of the area for a suitable date
YHA's were marked with a red triangle

Slick

Guru
Loch Eck is on the road to Dunoon in Argyll. Lots of small villages round the Loch itself so it could have been anywhere, but I think there's still some sort of outward bound centre in Ardentinny.

OP
OP
F

furball

Guru
Loch Eck is on the road to Dunoon in Argyll. Lots of small villages round the Loch itself so it could have been anywhere, but I think there's still some sort of outward bound centre in Ardentinny.
I got the map reference on the Wikipedia site.

Top Bottom