I thought...."I will google it and find out".Does anyone know the location of the building that would have been the youth hostel at Loch Eck years ago?

If you think this hostel was in Scotland, I'm pretty sure there was never one of that name. Not in a 1968 SYHA handbook anyway. The nearest in name would be Loch Ard hostel, which has been gone for many a year.Does anyone know the location of the building that would have been the youth hostel at Loch Eck years ago?

You're spot on. It opened in 1939 but wasn't around in the late 1950s. Amazing what a computer can find out for you!I'm talking 1940s.
Found it on a link on the Wikipedia page.![]()
I got the map reference on the Wikipedia site.Loch Eck is on the road to Dunoon in Argyll. Lots of small villages round the Loch itself so it could have been anywhere, but I think there's still some sort of outward bound centre in Ardentinny.