Lockable/Secure Quick Release Skewers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.ETC-Skewer...huH3OHlEqHtU9oHwpMkX_hzYUg1WnmchoCceYQAvD_BwE

I've been using these for about 25 years since my wheel was nicked outsider the library as a young teen.

They're not infallible and can be removed with a pair of molegrips. But they certainly dissuade the casual thief and the numpties who think it fun to slacken off QRs on a parked bike.

Having had about ten sets over the years I have a good selection of keys that live in the bike shed, car, work, mum's house, puncture packs etc.

You'll probably get them cheaper I think I got the last set for about. £8 from the big River
I have a set of those. Good.
Not sure what
28.6, 31.8 Or 34.9mm
Means in the specs. A stray bit of text i think.
Have also used pitloks. Very secure but haven't used since i lost one of the special keys on a ride. Luckily didn't get a flat for the rest of the ride. Getting spare pitlok keys a bit of a fag.

carpenter

Über Member
length of skewer ?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have a set of those. Good.
Not sure what
28.6, 31.8 Or 34.9mm
Means in the specs. A stray bit of text i think.
Have also used pitloks. Very secure but haven't used since i lost one of the special keys on a ride. Luckily didn't get a flat for the rest of the ride. Getting spare pitlok keys a bit of a fag.
Without looking at the link I would guess it is the size of the steerer top cap, assuming the set includes a steerer cap (my pinhead set did a couple of years ago).

Without looking at the link I would guess it is the size of the steerer top cap, assuming the set includes a steerer cap (my pinhead set did a couple of years ago).
Oh thanks, didn't realise folk locked such things, thought the third supplied lock was usually for the seat post.

Top Bottom