Locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiro

If anyone is thinking of getting an Abus Granit X-Plus 54 Bike D-Lock I think I got a good deal on one yesterday. Best price I found was £49.89 from discountcyclesdirect.co.uk until I realised that Go Outdoors sell them (usual members price £67.49) and they offer a Price Guarantee which means they will sell it for 10% less than a competitor so I got it for £44.90.

Armegatron

spiro said:
If anyone is thinking of getting an Abus Granit X-Plus 54 Bike D-Lock I think I got a good deal on one yesterday. Best price I found was £49.89 from discountcyclesdirect.co.uk until I realised that Go Outdoors sell them (usual members price £67.49) and they offer a Price Guarantee which means they will sell it for 10% less than a competitor so I got it for £44.90.

Cheers - I used this too, managed to get free delivery too so added some Ronhills to the order for £12.99

Have to say the lock looks very solid. Bit on the heavy side but I expected that. The bracket that comes with the go outdoors offer (or that came with mine) is the UGH I think - the plastic clamp type. Havent used it to lock the bike yet as I work on a very secure site so only use a cheaper lock here. Also the lit key is a good idea (2 Keys come with the lock by the way).

thanos

theres a post somewhere in the forum that has 3rd party comparisons (link to two pdfs) of cable and dlock brands (fairly up to date). Couldnt locate it so you have to look.

I may have em at home, from what i recall the abus one scored the highest next to the kryptonite forget about it lock (when it comes to dlocks anyway). The kryptonite one came close to weighing 1.8kg, the abus is probably 1.6 (which for me is too much). A third option (bulldog or something or other) scored admirably as well. No lock withstood the electric saw, but the abus for example requires cutting both arms before extracting.

Hope it helps - if i locate them ill repost them here.

e-rider

crappy member
The new york 3000 is old news these days and definitely not unbreakable (although it is pretty good). Look at the newer Krypto M18 or the mini forgetaboutit

Top Bottom