Locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SonofSid

Just watched you tube vids of the lock I was going to buy being picked in about 5 seconds!!! What do people suggest as the best?
Cheers

numbnuts

Legendary Member
one word "ABUS" there not cheap
I use this one

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
D lock minimum, and choosing a good location to lock it up, preferably next to a nicer bike with a cheaper lock than yours. And put it on your household insurance - since no lock is 100% effective.

iacula

Or buy some non bike specific stuff from locksmith...I use case hardened chain covered with old inner tube, and heavy duty padlock....bit cheaper this way

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
The most comprehensive comparison appears to be here and here.

However deterrence is effected as much by how to lock as which lock.

Crankarm

Guru
+1 for the Abus Granit X Plus. (x2 of them).

The benchmark for all bike locks.

I had a Kryptonite D -Lock once. My bike was stolen. Will never again use Krytonite locks ;).

monkeypony

A length of the heaviest chain you can carry combined with the most expensive toughened padlock you can afford will mean you can probably expect your bike to still be there when you return to it.

Which is why I use a £10 ebay bike to go to Tescos on and dont even bother to lock it. If its not there when I get back, I'll just by another. Its cheeper than locks.

monkeypony said:
A length of the heaviest chain you can carry combined with the most expensive toughened padlock you can afford will mean you can probably expect your bike to still be there when you return to it.

Which is why I use a £10 ebay bike to go to Tescos on and dont even bother to lock it. If its not there when I get back, I'll just by another. Its cheeper than locks.

So you could be paying someone to steal your bike and re-sell it to you?

Hmmm.

Top Bottom