Log Book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger

Veteran
I set off on JOGLE in three weeks, I thought I had read somewhere that if you keep a log book and get accommodation along the way to 'stamp' that you where there, you can submit the log and receive a certificate? Is this correct, I can not find any reference to it now.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
We'll make one for you. Don't you worry.

snorri

Legendary Member
I don't know what sort of Log is included in the CUK pack, but I would recommend you buy an A6 size spiral bound notebook and fill in a few details every day. Take along a glue stick as well and attach receipts from meals, accommodation, rail tickets etc.. The back pages can often be useful for rough notes, recording phone numbers, addresses, a daily record of distance travelled etc.. I have been able to get the same type of book every year, which makes storage easier than having assorted sizes.
In years to come your tour log will make for an enjoyable read on a winter evening as you relive the trip and are reminded of the highs and lows.

Edit Of course you may prefer to record details electronically:smile:.

I sent in my Log to the CTC as it was at the time, and they sent it back along with a certificate. I didn't get a "Stamp" from anyone, but had included addresses of B&B accommodation and rail tickets to/from each end. Perhaps you should ask CUK regarding their current conditions for award of a certificate if you want one.
Good luck!

Top Bottom