Logan Jack /Paul vs Mike Tyson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s now been sanctioned as a full professional fight.

Im not very happy with a 58 year old fighting a fit young man, who is clearly a capable boxer, if not world class.

One can only hope Tyson comes out swinging for 2 rounds and then retires.

Either way I won’t be watching on PPV.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not oferly concerned for Iron Mike's welfare. I think Tyson is liable to do Logan a lot of harm inside two rounds if they are permitted to genuinely go for it. I boxed in the army (winning the grand total of zero fights) and Tyson gives up a lot of size, reach and two years or age to me, and I'd not want to face him in the ring.

Size, reach, fitness, all lovely stuff, but you're either fundamentally wired up for combat or you're not. You're psyche and synapses either make you well suited for it or they don't. Tyson most definitely is, from what I've seen of his multi named opponent, he isn't. It can't be taught.

Paul might take it, but he's a fool if he thinks his age advantage will take him too far. He's going to have a proper fight on his hands. As it is the number of rounds etc have been arranged as a nod to the fact that Paul has never had a long fight, and slightly heavier gloves blunting the punches slightly will probably protect Paul from Tyson more than the other way round.

Certainly the whole set up seems to be intended to level matters by negating Tysons two biggest advantages, his fearsome punch and his experience going the distance. If Paul were any kind of walkover the organisers wouldn't be handicapping Tyson in this manner.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
It’s now been sanctioned as a full professional fight.

Im not very happy with a 58 year old fighting a fit young man, who is clearly a capable boxer, if not world class.

One can only hope Tyson comes out swinging for 2 rounds and then retires.

Either way I won’t be watching on PPV.

I've said before but given the Roy Jones junior exibition, Mike was in great shape and I don't think Roy expected how hard he can still hit. Watch afterwards and Mike had Roy gassed and he'd not been retired for that many years. It might have started an an exibition but once Mike took a couple of shots and the red mist descended he was back fighting again.

Agree with you that I think it's perverse putting a 58 year old in with a young buck but hopefully Mike knocks him into next year and the circus can stop.

I believe it's been streamed free on Netflix rather than PPV?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Having seen Tyson sparring, he is still a brilliant powerful boxer even at his age, and my money will be on him not logan

Jody

Stubborn git
Having seen Tyson sparring, he is still a brilliant powerful boxer even at his age, and my money will be on him not logan

Depends on the contract. Previous fights had a clause that payment was made after the fight so the opposition couldn't go rouge and had to stick to the script.

This may be different but I hope Tyson isn;t being paid to be a punch bag for Fake Paul

Top Bottom