Logged in but seeing ads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
I’m not a fan of adverts, but can sort of understand why they’ve been introduced. What I will say, however, is that if I get the same experience as I have with the Westmorland Gazette website, where the adverts have made it snail paced to the point of unusable, then it will be the end of CC for me. Hoping that won’t be the case, as seems ok at the moment.

Freds Dad

Veteran
I missed the the thread about contributing to the running of the site. Can I still contribute and stop seeing adverts as it will probably be cheaper than clicking the ads?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I’m not a fan of adverts, but can sort of understand why they’ve been introduced. What I will say, however, is that if I get the same experience as I have with the Westmorland Gazette website, where the adverts have made it snail paced to the point of unusable, then it will be the end of CC for me. Hoping that won’t be the case, as seems ok at the moment.

I've installed an ad blocker and everything's back to how I liked it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I see that the previous relatively discreet text-only ads have been joined by a fark-off huge half-screen pictorial display ad with moving images between the forum and the useful buttons at the bottom. Very distracting, and disappointing for a forum which not that long ago was promising an ad-free experience.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I see that the previous relatively discreet text-only ads have been joined by a fark-off huge half-screen pictorial display ad with moving images between the forum and the useful buttons at the bottom. Very distracting, and disappointing for a forum which not that long ago was promising an ad-free experience.

I'll let Shaun know about this. Thanks for flagging it up.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm seeing them too, here's what it looks like:

Screenshot_20180720-184648.png

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Back to the regular sized ones, thanks @Shaun, and @SpokeyDokey for flagging it.

Top Bottom