Logging out of new site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems to take ages, to the point where I wonder if the log-out is going to happen.

It's not my machine or internet link - have experimented with other sites/forums.#

I find this clinginess disturbing and wonder what the site is up to?

I

hmm, after reading your post I tried logging out , ….logged out straight away

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Hm, odd, not sure why it should be so attracted to me - it's doing it on both an Android tablet and a chromebook - more tinkering needed.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
It goes into a swirly egg timer of death 'processing request' thing for me too when I try and log out. Leading to me having to close the window completely. Once closed and I open another window it appears I am logged out, still a bit of a ball ache, and it's happened the last 3 times I've logged out.

Good morning,

I have the same problem.

Looking at XenForo support forum

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/login-logout-issue.164983/

That’s a Chrome bug,
xenforo-logo-og.png

Browser issue - Session does not close with Chrome
User name -> Log out = processing. It really closes, but it doesn't change the screen, which remains processing. It happens with Chrome 75.0.3770.142 (64 bits). It works fine with Edge, so it could be related to Chrome.
xenforo-favicon.png
xenforo.com

Following this advice I tried Microsoft Edge which logs out as you would expect but Chrome continually doesn't update the screen but I am logged out. If I go to another page I get the login button not my user name.

Depending upon your point of view it seems to be either a browser fault or a XenForo fault. :-)

Bye

Ian

Smudge

Veteran
I just hit the drop down menu and clicked 'log out' and nothing happens. Only when i refresh does it show i'm not logged in. I'm on Chrome.
So it does log you out, you just have to hit something else to show you are logged out. Not really a big deal to do that.

Top Bottom