logistics on tour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
recently did Barnsley to York, York to Scarborough for a charity ride with some of the lads. Stayed over night in two great youth hostels. We were lucky enough to have a support vehicle to haul our luggage as we didn't want anything on the bikes. This meant we could have a few beers during the evening as well. Basically is there a way of getting your stuff from point A to point B, without some poor guy having to drive and without carrying panniers. The idea we are currently looking at is having a courier drop a package at each stopping point and picking it up the next day, but this seems like a logistical nightmare. Is there such a thing as a support car for hire, or have I just found a gap in the market.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Gap in the market.

Please make your way very quickly to Belgium. I have another 3 weeks of a tour to do and will happily be a guinea pig for your new business venture.:tongue:

A fully loaded touring bike spinning up Belgian hills is not my idea of a holiday.

PK99

Legendary Member
recently did Barnsley to York, York to Scarborough for a charity ride with some of the lads. Stayed over night in two great youth hostels. We were lucky enough to have a support vehicle to haul our luggage as we didn't want anything on the bikes. This meant we could have a few beers during the evening as well. Basically is there a way of getting your stuff from point A to point B, without some poor guy having to drive and without carrying panniers. The idea we are currently looking at is having a courier drop a package at each stopping point and picking it up the next day, but this seems like a logistical nightmare. Is there such a thing as a support car for hire, or have I just found a gap in the market.

On established routes (C2C, way of the roses etc) there are any number of firm offering the service.

On other routes we have simply commissioned local taxi firms to pick up bags and drop at the next hotel.

Top Bottom