Loire Valley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Who has had a cycling holiday there, and where would you recommend we stay, we like a bit of night life
but not to loud, the day time we will be cycling so we know what to expect on that side of it, just really looking for somewhere to stay that will not break the bank.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hotel, camping? Night life? In France, in the Loire!!! Dream on!

Brains

Legendary Member
If you are camping there is an Excelent site near chemeoneiux
as for night life, I'd suggest Paris or the South of France

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The bigger cities have decent bars and restaurants but it all depends which stretch of the Loire you are cycling along.

If you have the Huber Verlag maps, you'll be able to gauge the likelihood of bars and restauraunts by the size opf the towns/cities on the maps. You shouldn't have too much difficulty finding them.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There's a nice campsite on the island in Saumur and I can recommend the moules-frites! I believe they have a karaoke some nights:thumbsup:

nomdeplume

If you go to Nantes be sure to visit 'La Cigale' restaurant, amazing art nouveau decor and excellent food.
Tours and Orleans have good restaurants and bars also and this year at Orleans there is the Festival de la Loire in September.

If you go to Nantes be sure to visit 'La Cigale' restaurant, amazing art nouveau decor and excellent food.

Whereabouts? I'm in Nantes now!

I can recommend the campsite at Nantes Camping which is modern and fresh site, bit off Loire path as its up by University.

at Orleans there is the Festival de la Loire in September.

Did this last year and it was good with lots to see and do, lots of stalls and sideshow type things, lots of beer/wine/food, prices not as silly as most of tourist France.

La Cigale is in front of L'Opera. Ask any of the locals.

Found it, looked really nice (except they are rebuilding the square outside) BUT the prices put me off my food - eye watering even for France!

Went to La Machine today for a quick nosey and the giant mechanoid elephant walking around with only a bloke with a whistle as a safety device was a refreshing change to our Elfin safety culture in the UK.

Nantes is a fabulous town and I think a revisit is beckoning, and we're not leaving for a few days!

Top Bottom