London ~ Brighton 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

man in black

Nice one, I'm a team member booked on the 06.00 (tbc) done it for the first time last year, can't wait to do it again!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Half of us are getting to London on Saturday... Half of us are staying overnight in Brighton after the ride and heading home on Monday.
Some are doing both ^_^

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

As public entry was open last weekend, the start times should be getting issued soon. :smile:

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

We've booked the Travelodge Seafront hotel for the Sunday night after the ride. It's only £36 at the moment. The price will go up to about £100 if you leave it till the last minute.

They're OK with you taking the bike into your room.
We haven't totally planned the 'getting back' part yet. Might ride to back to London, might get transported by a couple of WAGs.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Anyone else on the ride tomorrow?

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad. Seems like there's half a dozen of us on the 06:30 start so the alarm will be ringing at 03:00 <yawn>

My daughter, her fella and the grandkids are coming down for the day to wave me over the finish line, then four of us riders, plus assorted wives etc. are staying overnight, and on Monday morning two of us are riding back to Clapham, so I'm taking my wet weather gear! :rain:

I'm No. 4738 say 'hello' if you see me.. :smile:

JTXFitness

How did everyone get on with it? We had a great day and thought there was a brilliant buzz around the whole event. See if you can spot yourself in our video!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

I enjoyed the ride, as usual, and was pleased to get away before the masses with an 06:30 start time.

'Small' issue I had was that I got food poisoning on the Tuesday that knocked me out for most of the week with only Thursday (luckily, as I rode over to see the Women's Tour at Oundle and Kettering) that was a day of respite twixt things coming up and things leaving the other end in an uncontrollable fashion!!
I lost 2.5 kilo in the week and got no sleep from 08:30 Saturday until Sunday night due to the neighbours having a beer and BBQ under my bedroom window.
A mate had collected me and bike at 03:30 ready to drive to Clapham.

Strangely, I still enjoyed the day (fortunately my insides had calmed down enough to be able to push down on the pedals without any dire consequences :eek: )

Two of us rode back to Clapham on Monday as well. The weather was slightly moist!!

DSC_1520.JPG

DSC_1531.JPG

We're already planning for next year..:laugh:

That's a great video. I'll check it again on the laptop and I'm of small screen at the mo.

man in black

0600 hrs start, didn't enjoy it this year, too many idiots thinking they own the road and want to be first!
Won't be doing anymore!

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

There have always been those that want to race in any charity event. With 27000 riders, proportionally there will bd more on L2B.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

They do seem to adopt the Old Lady at a Jumble Sale style of riding... 'Head down, elbows out and barge through' attitude.

Top Bottom