London Freewheel - Sun 23rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clefty

I'll be there on my new Charge Plug hurray, and its my mates birthday so there will be even more cake!

peejay78

clefty said:
I'll be there on my new Charge Plug hurray, and its my mates birthday so there will be even more cake!

did we chat riding along the embankment?

or was it someone else on a bluey green brand new charge plug?

ChrisKH

Guru
Didn't see this thread until today otherwise I would have looked for you all. I suspected the speed was going slow so didn't bring the road bike and just went nice and easy on the hybrid. It was a great event for families and I managed to grab myself a BackBoris flag for my eldest sons bike. I'll probably change the flag on it though.:biggrin: Nice variety of bikes there.

I now have seven back copies of Cycle Weekly which I procured stashed away in my 'reading room'. Did anyone see the (Indian) guy with the side bag with the black & white puppy in it?

i didn't get any freebies!

had a good couple of laps, met some old friends and saw some strange sights.

i also had a great sprint with a teenager on a BMX as we went 'up' southwark bridge towards the route. we shook hands as we rode when it was over.

L

Road Fiddler

I had a great day up there too. I met some great people, some well know faces of the London cycling community, mainly guys that have been photographed heavily for the involvement with the critical mass. I didn't meet anyone from Cycle Chat although i kept my eye out for Bent, i asked a couple that were on blades if they knew of you and if so did they have any idea where i might find you (you know the type of thing "oh i have a friend in London do you know him) they said no to begin with and i asked if they were members of you club and they said they were and then the guy clicked on and said "oh he was in the paper" and i replied yes "that's him". Just then a group of bladders shot past on the other side of the road and the guy said "oh i think that was him amongst that group" they jumped over the barriers and gave chase. That was somewhere along the embankment.

Will definitely go again next year, hopefully the Cycle Chat shirts will be available by then and if everyone wears them it will be easier to spot members of our little clan. Maybe we could organise a Cycle Chat picnic if Hovis is still the sponsors on the green.

simonsimon

I went with a guy from work and had a pretty good day. Only gripe I have is with the so called 'festival'. I was looking forward to at least a beer tent and a live band in the park but no such luck xx(

Top Bottom