london-Marrakesh fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
james.rh said:
i picked one of these up cheap on ebay http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Vango_Ultralite_100_Tent.html
its pretty flimsy but does the job.

You've spotted the flaw of the tent's design - its flimsiness. It might not do the job......

mike1026

james.rh, have a look at Crazy Guy On A Bike I am sure that you will find lots of useful info, also please consider writing a Journal on CGOAB. I for one would really like to read about your trip, and I am sure that many others would as well.

OP
OP
J

james.rh

vernon said:
You've spotted the flaw of the tent's design - its flimsiness. It might not do the job......

the tent might not want to do the job but im going to have to force it to. cant afford to splash out on a new one.

i am planning on keeping a diary/journal and i'm taking my camera with a big roll of film to document it all. when i get back i will scann the highlights and post them on line for any of you who might be interested.

andym

Über Member
rich p said:
Why fixed and not single speed at least? I tour with 27 gears and sometimes run out on the steep bits!

I think I'd prefer to do it on a singlespeed rather than fixed, but buying a 120mm singlespeed hub and getting a wheel built would cost a lot more than he paid for the bike.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
Good luck to you. If your route takes you near to Seville and want a bed for the night and we happen to be in residence at the time you'd be very welcome. PM me if you want details.

Top Bottom