London-Paris with TdF finish?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by BearPear, 2 Aug 2012.

1. BearPear

BearPear Über Member

Not been here for a while, so apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I know that Community gets plenty of traffic!

Mr BP wants to do a London-Paris charity cycle event next year, and it looks like Action Medical Research is the only one that finishes in Paris the day before the TdF arrives. Ideally he would prefer to support a cancer charity, but from what I have seen online there aren't any with a TdF connection - unless you know better!

2. Carl_saint

Carl_saint Regular

The Royal British legions Pedal to Paris is the best. It's the only other cycling event apart from the TDF where the champs-élysées are closed. Check their website!

3. oldfatfool

oldfatfool Veteran

Do it off your own bat for your charity of choice, that way the 'organisers' aren't raking in £700-£800 of your donations to pay for your 3 day event.

4. dellzeqq

dellzeqq pre-talced and mighty

there's a lot in this. At the very least you should work out what the organiser's take is.

Of course, if we do our FNRttC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris on the tour weekend, as we have done for the last two years, you could get sponsored and come with us*

*I know I said I wasn't doing it again, but I have a cunning plan........

srw and User13710 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice