London Skyride anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I went up from Pompey, bailed at 1 or so. I got on the course just before 10 (would have been there earlier but for South West Trains helpfully scheduling engineering work round Havant, enforcing alternative route up), and it wasn't too bad at first, got a decent turn of speed going in a few places, but this time it got really congested really quickly. They should have stuck to last year's route, which worked really well. Too many bottlenecks this time, I seemed to spend more time dabbing and freewheeling than going at any speed. Apart from that, the same old problems (idiots weaving all over the place, people just stopping anywhere they felt like it....). Even the freebies sucked. I think I'll go elsewhere next year.....I am glad so many enjoyed it though!

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
Was it just me or were there a lot more pedestrian crossing points than in the previous 2 years? I don't recall having to stop anywhere near that frequently in the past.

That said, it was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves on on such a vast variety of bikes*. It was also the only way I'm ever likely to get my wife anywhere near London on two wheels.

A lap of the course...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYrb87EwcE

*Except the clowns. I hate bloody clowns, even ones on bikes.

Top Bottom