London to Brighton night ride, March 6th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Interesting, like the Megarange idea on steroids.
I like the idea of 1 x 10 set-ups on the road. But if I used that with my 26T inner ring I think I'd fall over before I span myself to a frenzy!

Valid point.

Something like 42 at the back and low 20s at the front could give such a low gear that maintaining balance would become a problem.

Or, as an experienced touring cyclist once said to me: "If you can barely balance it's probably quicker to get off and push."

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Valid point.

Something like 42 at the back and low 20s at the front could give such a low gear that maintaining balance would become a problem.

Or, as an experienced touring cyclist once said to me: "If you can barely balance it's probably quicker to get off and push."
I suppose if you pedal fast enough, the gyroscopic action of the speeding chainrings might help keep you upright. What say @McWobble?
I used 28 on the back and 28 on the front on Ditchling and I was going at walking pace.

mikeee

hello everyone, and many apologies for the no show on the ride and internet disappearance! have had some other personal matters to deal with so everything has had to take a bit of a back seat but I should have at least let someone know my position and for that again I am sorry. All sorted now so hopefully back on it,

Top Bottom