England : East Sussex London to Brighton Veteran Cars Run, Sunday 6 November 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Gutted to miss the group today but was half an hour late leaving Leatherhead so it was always going to be a frantic pursuit. Was cold at first, but I soon had to abandon my warmest gloves for fingerless summer ones; and then make use of a bus shelter to remove a base layer!

Thanks @User for your messages. Unfortunately I reached Crawley 20 minutes after you'd left Affogato, and my speed dropped significantly when mingling with the traffic. But I had a great time - the sights/sounds/smells of the veteran cars were something to experience, and the sunlight, blue skies and autumnal colours were a beautiful bonus. Would have been great to meet up, but it was a good solo ride too.

Alas I had to be home for 4pm so I peeled off the route at Burgess Hill and caught a train back.

Huff n Puff

Thanks for organising this Adrian and to all of the rest of you for making me (and Danielle) feel so welcome. Frank had talked me in to doing it, then I mentioned it to Danielle , whom I'd never previously met, in a work email....then Frank dropped out, leaving us two strangers to appear like gatecrashers at East Croydon Station.

The return ride to North West London was cold, wet and dark compounded with some electrical malfunctions (audax has taught me to carry two sets of lights, I also have two Garmins and a charger)......one front light stopped working (malfunction), the battery died both in one Garmin and one back light and the charger stopped working (malfunction) despite having fresh batteries in it. Luckily the second Garmin battery just held out and the 225km round trip got me two DIY Audax points (yay) on top of the two at the Upper Thames the day before.

Will do this again next year, all being well!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Did you know that you might have a bit of a hat obsession?

image.jpeg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Did you know that you might have a bit of a hat obsession?
It's all the fault of @hopless500 who called into question the wearing of one of my hats .... I'm a bit sensitive, nay even paranoid about my hattage now, I'll add it to the list of things to speak to my Therapist about ....
Sometimes I think it would be easier to wear a h*lmet ....

AlexB

Veteran
Saw a really lovely bike parked up at one of the stops, but failed to locate its owner for a chat - is anyone here the owner of the blue Cherubim?

Also, I was slightly left-footed by one of the drivers being more interested in my bike, than in answering my questions about his amazing petrol/steam hybrid car!

Top Bottom