London to Brighton with the Veteran Cars 5 November 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just wondering if there's anyone interested in doing the London to Brighton run 5th November 2023 in and amongst the veteran cars, some returning by train... Has been a nice sociable ride in the past with an elevenses break at Crawley. No problem getting on trains.
Route taken by cars here
https://cdn.asp.events/CLIENT_Goose...edia/Routes/VCR23-Participant-Route-Guide.pdf
Meet on A23 Streatham Common 7.45 am for an 8 am start next to petrol station on south side of common then to cycle down to meet other cyclists outside East Croydon station at 8.30 ...Bob

rb58

Enigma
I’ll be there so long as it’s not biblical rain like last year. Will be starting at East Croydon.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Anyone starting from Hyde Park Corner as discussed elsewhere ?
This "out of towner" (actually, I'm from England's premier city) has deliberately booked a hotel near to HPC because that's where I thought we might meet.
No real problem if not, it's ~9 miles from my Paddington hotel to Streatham. Although do I really want to be going sarf of the river at that time ?
I'll be relying on Google Maps to get me there.

rb58

Enigma
Anyone starting from Hyde Park Corner as discussed elsewhere ?
This "out of towner" (actually, I'm from England's premier city) has deliberately booked a hotel near to HPC because that's where I thought we might meet.
No real problem if not, it's ~9 miles from my Paddington hotel to Streatham. Although do I really want to be going sarf of the river at that time ?
I'll be relying on Google Maps to get me there.
Ride to HPC and follow the cars to Streatham or Croydon. You can’t go wrong really. I can send you routes if you need them

frank9755

Cyclist
I’ll be there so long as it’s not biblical rain like last year. Will be starting at East Croydon.
Same for me!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Thanks for the kind offers of accommodation on the Sunday night but I've decided to get the train back to MCR.
I'm still hoping to ride some (hopefully all) of the way back to London but I'll see how I get on.
Of course if the weather is awful then train from or near Brighton is most likely.
My Saturday night hotel is near Hyde Park Corner so I'll follow the cars from there and hope to meet other riders en route.

rb58

Enigma
Thanks for the kind offers of accommodation on the Sunday night but I've decided to get the train back to MCR.
I'm still hoping to ride some (hopefully all) of the way back to London but I'll see how I get on.
Of course if the weather is awful then train from or near Brighton is most likely.
My Saturday night hotel is near Hyde Park Corner so I'll follow the cars from there and hope to meet other riders en route.

There'll be quite a collection of folks at East Croydon station at 8.30am. That's always a good rendezvous point.

Top Bottom