London to brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cat

I heard about the amount of people on this ride, and if hadnt been for me working, i would have done it, im so glad i was working by the sound of it.

On the L2B dont they set you all off at different times or is it, off you all go? I was thinking about doing it next year, but after reading what everyone has commented, its a bit off putting....

Looks like ill be sticking to my Orchid Charity Ride for June next year, where theres only about 800 people doing it rather than 1000's........

Rebel Ian

They set off anywhere between 6:00am and 9:30am in half hour intervals but it's hard to get one of the early time slots. We were due off at 8:00am and got through at 8:15am. I'm not doing it next year as you have to pay your money before they confirm your time and we get 8:00am again it's just too busy.

Howard

You can leave earlier - you just don't get a stamp.

Left at 7am and was impossible - gave up at Carshalton and did a mini lap of London instead.

Rebel Ian

Howard said:
You can leave earlier - you just don't get a stamp.

Left at 7am and was impossible - gave up at Carshalton and did a mini lap of London instead.

I was advocating leaving early but some of our group wanted the medal which you can only get if you stamp in/out!!

BLAKEY063

Had a 6am start and managed it in 3hrs in total. V pleased. Got to watch the "Holier than thou" cyclists that block the roads stating "This is not a race". Fine I ride at my speed you ride at yours, but at least KEEP LEFT!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Really? Wow that's the first time I have heard of that.

BLAKEY063 said:
Had a 6am start and managed it in 3hrs in total. V pleased. Got to watch the "Holier than thou" cyclists that block the roads stating "This is not a race". Fine I ride at my speed you ride at yours, but at least KEEP LEFT!!

BLAKEY063

Only raised £220 so far (excluding gift aid) but working on getting more!!! http://original.justgiving.com/davidmorris01 I was trying to break the 3hr barrier but failed. Met a cyclist at the finish who thought I was cycling home again, (and he was much older than me)! I was only going as far as the racecourse where the car was parked as I will not put my hard earned Boardman in the back of a 7.5 tonner to be bashed about. He was heading back to Sutton having completed it in 2hr 24!!

Howard

Rebel Ian said:
I was advocating leaving early but some of our group wanted the medal which you can only get if you stamp in/out!!

I've got an L2B medal when I've had no bike and no stamp. I skated it and was handed a medal at the finish no questions asked :smile:

Top Bottom