London to Oxford charity ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart

Has anyone done the London to Oxford charity ride? Didn't have my bike comp and another rider told me he clocked 78 miles. Just wondered if anyone else can verify this as the official route mileage is 57 miles. Cheers- Mart.

jimboalee

Out of London is pretty well flat as a millpool.

Then there are the Chilterns.

The ride into Oxford is pretty well as flat as a millpool.

Camgreen

Mart said:
Has anyone done the London to Oxford charity ride? Didn't have my bike comp and another rider told me he clocked 78 miles. Just wondered if anyone else can verify this as the official route mileage is 57 miles. Cheers- Mart.

Crikey, that's quite a difference in mileage!! I've found quite often that official route distances don't always necessarily tally with what your bike comp says, and to be honest the odd extra mile you can live with, but if what you're saying is correct that's a 21 mile margin of error.xx(

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Didn't do it this year, but did it last year and the official mileage was within half a mile of my GPS mileage. Methinks the other rider needs to learn how to configure his bike computer. xx(

jimboalee

The Birmingham to Oxford charity ride was advertised as 65 miles.

After completing, I deduced the organisers positioned the start line at Packwood House, 7 miles into the route where the first uphill occured.

As I recall, there was a bloke with a camera taking very expensive photos as the riders crossed 'Depart firme'.

Top Bottom