London to Southend: three-minute video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Did this yesterday in perfect conditions: not too hot, not too cold, not a single drop of rain ... and for most of the way, that thing we all thought was a myth designed to taunt cyclists: a tailwind!!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Nice vid with good choice of music.^_^

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Thanks, Derrick. I must confess my music-choice strategy is 'Ok, the video is 2:51 long, what tracks do I have that length?'. Out of typically a dozen or so tracks for any given length, there is always one that seems to fit. :smile:

logrus

Great Vid, great music. what time did you set off?

It was a great ride with lovely weather, i saw the accident just after when the two ladies were laying on the floor still, looked nasty, anyone know what happened?

I have to say judging by the idiots i saw on the road, there are a lot of people out there that need to learn to ride a bike and obey some basic road rules.
I think i saw more stupidity in one trip than ever before. Some cars were being dangerous, but i saw a lot of people riding 4 abrest, not being courteous to the cars and in one case literally blocking the road to an oncoming car (Rettendon).

Will do it again next year :smile:

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Thanks, Iogrus.

I set off at 9am. Yes, there were a number of cyclists somewhat oblivious to those around them (including one guy who closed the door on me mid-overtake), but I expect that on a large ride like that.

I didn't see too many stupid drivers. The guy in my video was a particular nutcase, though. I could see in my mirrors that he had squeezed past a group of cyclists behind me in the face of an oncoming car, so deliberately positioned myself to discourage him, but he still thought a blind bend was a good place for an overtake ... The other driver had to come to a complete halt to prevent a collision.

Top Bottom