London to Southend: three-minute video

Discussion in 'Charity Rides and Cycling Events' started by CopperBrompton, 16 Jul 2012.

1. CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops

Did this yesterday in perfect conditions: not too hot, not too cold, not a single drop of rain ... and for most of the way, that thing we all thought was a myth designed to taunt cyclists: a tailwind!!

logrus likes this.
  2. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Nice vid with good choice of music.^_^

logrus likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    CopperBrompton

Thanks, Derrick. I must confess my music-choice strategy is 'Ok, the video is 2:51 long, what tracks do I have that length?'. Out of typically a dozen or so tracks for any given length, there is always one that seems to fit. :smile:

derrick likes this.
  4. logrus

logrus Active Member

Great Vid, great music. what time did you set off?

It was a great ride with lovely weather, i saw the accident just after when the two ladies were laying on the floor still, looked nasty, anyone know what happened?

I have to say judging by the idiots i saw on the road, there are a lot of people out there that need to learn to ride a bike and obey some basic road rules.
    I think i saw more stupidity in one trip than ever before. Some cars were being dangerous, but i saw a lot of people riding 4 abrest, not being courteous to the cars and in one case literally blocking the road to an oncoming car (Rettendon).

Will do it again next year :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    CopperBrompton

Thanks, Iogrus.

I set off at 9am. Yes, there were a number of cyclists somewhat oblivious to those around them (including one guy who closed the door on me mid-overtake), but I expect that on a large ride like that.

I didn't see too many stupid drivers. The guy in my video was a particular nutcase, though. I could see in my mirrors that he had squeezed past a group of cyclists behind me in the face of an oncoming car, so deliberately positioned myself to discourage him, but he still thought a blind bend was a good place for an overtake ... The other driver had to come to a complete halt to prevent a collision.

logrus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice