Long Covid and tiredness......my update and a report ive just read.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
One linked above. I take them with some other supplements, like vitamin D and B12 after finding I was very deficient in Vitamin D last year (private test as our area don't test on the NHS - paid for a NHS test). I'm also taking Iron supplements after a blood test this year showed I was in the normal range, but only just, and way off the median (again NHS not concerned). Other supplements are by Nutrition Geeks. Magnesium is another supplement - helps sleep and reduced the effect of restless legs, which I suffer from - I know when I've forgotten the magnesium as my sleep is poor.
 
Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
At least with beetroot tablets, they don't turn your pee and poop a dark colour, beetroots do if I eat a lot. PS even pickled beetroot has the same properties as un-pickled, so its all good.
 

figbat

Former slippery scientist
I take beetroot concentrate shots to help with my blood pressure - it contains a high level of nitrates that the body converts to nitric oxide which is a vaso-dilator. This relaxes and opens blood vessels to aid with flow. I did quite a bit of research before settling on these and my blood pressure has responded to it.

https://amzn.eu/d/0iAC4i6R
 

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
I take beetroot concentrate shots to help with my blood pressure - it contains a high level of nitrates that the body converts to nitric oxide which is a vaso-dilator. This relaxes and opens blood vessels to aid with flow. I did quite a bit of research before settling on these and my blood pressure has responded to it.

https://amzn.eu/d/0iAC4i6R

That's the same juice I bought last week from Tesco at £2.70 for 1l on Clubcard price, normally £3.35. Once opened, you should consume within 5 days.
https://www.tesco.com/shop/en-GB/products/275216744

~£28 for 1l in little bottles from Amazon is madness!
 

yello

back and brave
Location
France
Beetroot again (and I really don't want to derail, @Moderators maybe want to split it out??)...

...any suggestions on how to eat it raw? I love beetroot, have it grated with carrot and seeds (sunflower, sesame, chia... whatever) or just sliced. Juice is a pfaff (cleaning up) for a once-a-day glass - and juicing maybe reduces its fullest goodness. I'm thinking of having it with my breakfast but it's maybe a little 'earthy' to have in my usual bircher style start. Or maybe simply as I'd eat an apple?
 
Last edited:

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
Beetroot again (and I really don't want to derail, @mods maybe want to split it out??)...

...any suggestions on how to eat it raw? I love beetroot, have it grated with carrot and seeds (sunflower, sesame, chia... whatever) or just sliced. Juice is a pfaff (cleaning up) for a once-a-day glass - and juicing maybe reduces its fullest goodness. I'm thinking of having it with my breakfast but it's maybe a little 'earthy' to have in my usual bircher style start. Or maybe simply as I'd eat an apple?

Recently I've been chopping up a boiled beetroot with some coleslaw and a bit of potato salad, plus some of the beetroot juice from the pack. On days my better half is at work, I throw in a tin of tuna or sardines (she's vegan and hates the smell of fish). Yeast flakes, pepper, bit of garlic and worcester sauce.

I've gone back to my 500g pack of boiled beetroot this week for 90p, rather than a second 1l carton of juice, I'm not sure drinking more juice was giving more benefits for me than the bit in the boiled pack split over a few meals.
https://www.tesco.com/shop/en-GB/products/311688401
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Location
Cheshire
One linked above. I take them with some other supplements, like vitamin D and B12 after finding I was very deficient in Vitamin D last year (private test as our area don't test on the NHS - paid for a NHS test). I'm also taking Iron supplements after a blood test this year showed I was in the normal range, but only just, and way off the median (again NHS not concerned). Other supplements are by Nutrition Geeks. Magnesium is another supplement - helps sleep and reduced the effect of restless legs, which I suffer from - I know when I've forgotten the magnesium as my sleep is poor.

Thanks
I also take B6 and D3.
 

figbat

Former slippery scientist
That's the same juice I bought last week from Tesco at £2.70 for 1l on Clubcard price, normally £3.35. Once opened, you should consume within 5 days.
https://www.tesco.com/shop/en-GB/products/275216744

~£28 for 1l in little bottles from Amazon is madness!

The little shot bottles are concentrated, so not the same as the regular beetroot juice in a carton. There’s 2 weeks’-worth in the shot pack.
 
Top Bottom