Long sleeve summer wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I'm the same - long sleeves year round, though I do feel the heat. I started wearing 3/4 length shorts in February and have been in shorts since March! I just roll up the sleeves in late spring/summer/early autumn and switch to a thicker jersey and/or base layers for winter. I've got a Gore oxygen top, which is fantastic even on burning hot days, but I've put some weight on since I bought it so it's gathering dust at the bottom of the pile. None of my other jerseys are cycling jerseys, but hiking / running ones from Mountain Warehouse. They've stopped making the one I really like and have two "copies" of (brain grinding to a halt, can't think how else to put it!) and I wish I'd bought more as it's also great on hot days.

I like the DHB "Active" jerseys from Wiggle - they're cheap, and made of the same material as the short sleeved versions.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I like the DHB "Active" jerseys from Wiggle - they're cheap, and made of the same material as the short sleeved versions.
These are good - at the moment on sale at £9. Quite lightweight material, but they have a slightly different collar to most jerseys, cut away at the front which might not be to everyone's taste (look closely at the illustration). I have a black one, not the best colour for hot days. SPEG used to do a long sleeve, full zip jersey in white, which I wear on really hot sunny days when IMO white is the best choice, but I can't see it listed anymore on cycle-clothing.co.uk.

Top Bottom