Long term parking in Oban?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
Anyone know of or has used any long term parking in Oban? I'm thinking a couple of weeks next spring.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I don't know of any but wonder if the dock area where the ferries depart might be a possibility?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Last time I was there the coast road leading north - Corran Esplanade - became unrestricted a little way out of town.

Looked like there was a couple of motorhomes parked overnight, although it might not be suitable for weeks on end.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hazelbank no longer does parking. McQueen Bros., Glengallan Road up beyond the hospital seems to be the best bet. Phone number is 01631 564848. Parking anywhere in Oban is a nightmare. Do not use the car park near Tesco unless your car floats and is waterproof. In heavy rain it floods badly. Free parking anywhere is being removed in favour of charging. There is a longish stay car park on Shore Street near the PremierInn. You have to pay but can top up by phone if delayed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forgot to add if using McQueen it it not necessary to come back down on the main roads. There is a path and a back road which takes you right back to the ferry terminal.

OP
OP
Baldy

Baldy

Über Member
Thanks Old wheels very helpful, I'll file that number away.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The attached leaflet has just been given to me. Self explanatory.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
We parked on the industrial estate beyond the hospital (Glengallen Road) in June, wide road, no parking restrictions. Made sure we were near no entrances nor houses so as considerate as possible. Car was still there two weeks later. Could not find any long term parking in advance, toured car parks all were same day only. Best place we could find in an hour of looking, had a ferry to catch.

Top Bottom