Look Carbon/Alloy Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I've just finished a Look build, with updated modern components.

Look DriveSide.jpg

Look Non-driveside.jpg

Look Rear.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's some gear range you've got there.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Hmm, interesting am l right in thinking it is a Look KG 251 frame from about 1997. ?

Or it could be a KG281 which would be even more exciting because that is HM carbon whereas the 251 is HR.
I know, know ...sad old git that l am getting all excited over tech. details on 25 year old bikes :bicycle:

Sorry, I don't know the model of the bike. I bought a frame, which had a lot of bad paint sprays, so I carefully sanded the paint from the frame. Then checked all the Carbon/Alloy joints were intact.

I've spent a while looking at the LOOK catalogues and it does not seem to be a KG251.

Alloy forks and Alloy rear triangle. The seat clamp is a give away, so I'd guess 1990's not 1980's.

A well made frame, nice.:okay:

Oh and if yours has an integrated headset it could be a 381i...think Laurent Jalabert 2001 /2002^_^

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
I've ridden the Look bike a few times this week on longer rides, it's a nice frame, a lot stiffer than my flexible 531C steel bike, but not too stiff to be uncomfy, very pleased.:okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Very nice and understated, I quite like the eccentricity of that bonded carbon tube era.

I see its had the Boden special gearing unit treatment too.

Top Bottom