Look Keo's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Damn there dumb.
When i was away in the caravan they broke on the last day:angry: Same thing as last time. Anyway i got home from the caravan by shoving a hex key through the hole which worked.
So i go and get some 105's and go to get the Keo's off. Stupid things have a large hex key bolt and i didnt have one to fit. So after searching for things to try and undo it, i ring up somone from the club. He had one the right size and it was undone.
I put the 105's on(just managed to bolt the cleats on my shoes) and clip into the pedals. They feel secure to clip in and give a good clip. And unclipping is alot more harder.
So i feel like smashing these Keos up, but i need to get the money back from them.
But i may have a set of Keo cleats spare, hopefully;)
I hate Keo's now:sad:
Rant over:laugh:

bonj2

good move, they're much better. they do take a big twist to unclip don't they...but that's good, you know it's not going to happen when you don't want it to

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I don't find SPD-SL all that difficult - might it be worth loosening your 105s a bit? (Disclaimer: Mine could be different, I have Ultegra pedals).

OP
OP
J

Joe24

They are like the Keo's when i first got them. The noise dulled down near the end before they broke and they moves about more.
Going to see how it goes on this tightness and then see if they need loosening or not.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Had abit of trouble with the cleats of the Shimano ones. I didnt use the black metal things for the bolts to sit in, in the cleat hole because the bolts wouldnt reach. The cleat kept moving around then, and when i unclipped my right foot at the cafe the cleat stayed in the pedal, was a right bitch to get out.
Put the Keo's bolts in instead now, they are longer and have worked.
The 105's are much better then the Keo's. They seem to have a resister thing on them so when you push off they go flat but slowly go back to hanging verticle again. Which is nice :wacko:
Was a shame about the Keo's though. But the guy i was talking to today had the same problem, but then hasnt had the problem since.

girofan

Keith Oates said:
I have a set of Keo's on one of the bikes and to date it's been OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
God, you must be an animal Joe. The force you put through your Keo's must be tremendous?
Have you thought of riding the Dauphine Libre and giving Evans a good kicking? :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

girofan said:
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
God, you must be an animal Joe. The force you put through your Keo's must be tremendous?
Have you thought of riding the Dauphine Libre and giving Evans a good kicking? :blush:

I often thing the same:thumbsup:
:laugh:

Mortiroloboy

Got Keo sprints on my Wilier, and Keo classics on my Giant, only issue I have is the cleats wear out pretty damn quick, I get through at least a couple of pairs a year, is this normal?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

My first pair lasted about 2-3 months i think. Not sure, they were the original set and i changed them about 2-3 weeks ago.
Didnt last long at all really. But half the rubber bit at the back was missing, which caused the cleat to wear down more. I am guessing i would go through about 3 sets a year. But then i think i walk alot in them.

Mortiroloboy

I must be sad too, cos I love that sound ;) Joe, get some cafe covers, that'll save 'em wearing, mine still wear out way too fast for my liking tho' :biggrin:

Top Bottom