Look kg243 tyre size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's going to depend on your frame clearance, critically between the rear chain stays probably.​
No idea about the Look but going by other similar steel vintage bikes you might just be lucky and get a 28c in. Tyres sizes vary between manufacturers so one 28 might fit and another not.​

Silly question but does any one know the max tyre size of a vintage look kg243 steel framed bike? Far as i know it will be 700x25 as thats the max size for my kg381.

Hi David, apologies l seem to have replied to various members but not to you directly. Just for your info the KG 243 frame takes a 23 0r 25 tyre on a 700 wheel. The tyre on my 243 is a continental 4000 on Mavic SUP rim 23mm and just for my own interest l measured the narrowest point gap between tyre and seat tube and it is barely 6mm. ^_^

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Many thanks woodbutchermaster, though it may have been 25 max, had a nice 243 frame and forks offered and told i could have it at a very reasonable price, as long as it took a 25 tyre would have bought it but when i went to view the seller told me £750 but tbh thought that was far to much, even if the seller thought it was cheap.
Will just keep an eye on ebay etc never know if one turns up, many thanks,ttfn.

Many thanks woodbutchermaster, though it may have been 25 max, had a nice 243 frame and forks offered and told i could have it at a very reasonable price, as long as it took a 25 tyre would have bought it but when i went to view the seller told me £750 but tbh thought that was far to much, even if the seller thought it was cheap.
Will just keep an eye on ebay etc never know if one turns up, many thanks,ttfn.

I had a quick look at Le bon coin and l must admit l am a bit taken aback by the prices being asked for them . I better take care of mine !!
If l happen to see a nice one for maybe €300 to 400 l will let you know . I don't know if shipping from France would be a problem though.
Have a look at these https://www.leboncoin.fr/recherche?text=Look KG243

Arrrgghhhh, I had promised myself not to look Bike ads for a while. The 243 is such a pretty bike and Neuron is a fantastic tube set!

Lol, Dont know about that, know some times when just looking (mainly on Ebay) its very easy to just press a button and another bike or some parts arrive that theres no room for.
But my excuse is money spent on bikes/cycling is well spent.

So true, and when you have acquired your KG243 maybe you could squeeze in a KG233 !! Here's mine just back from a rather warm 25km . Now l'm going to watch the TDF on French tv....no adverts and not too much chat from the commentators .

tempImage14CaWT.png

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
Very nice, far as i know the 233 was a better quality than the 243 just the 243 had the chrome lugs but looking at your 233 with the chrome rear triangle and large down tube must say it looks as good if not better than the 243, think i may look (sorry no pun intended) for one, many thanks for the great picture and happy cycling.

Top Bottom