Look no further !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Looks as though my look (sorry, luck) has run out. For the past two weeks l have been trying, without success to finalise the deal on the LOOK 243 but with no success. The seller hasn't replied to my emails not even to tell me that the deal is off:sad:. In my book that is just bloody bad manners. So l am emailing him to withdraw my offer.
So bowed but not broken, l have started searching for other bikes that interest and excite me and have come up with this (see photo) VITUS. Now l know that there are potentially some drawbacks with these machines, namely, they are liable to suffer from what you might call "flexible frames" ! But what you you folks think of it/them ? All views, negative or positive would be appreciated :smile:
$_6.JPG

midlife

Guru
Sorry to hear that. Tiny picture and can't see but 979?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Very tiny though. I'm sure I have seen some of your bikes that are a good bit larger than that? Would it cheer you up if I got my 1980 Alan out of the loft to show you?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Very tiny though. I'm sure I have seen some of your bikes that are a good bit larger than that? Would it cheer you up if I got my 1980 Alan out of the loft to show you?
You are right about some of my bikes are bigger , the Moser for sure but l just love owning it. This Vitus is 53c/c which is ok for me just ! And yes to answer your question, l would be cheered up by your Alan :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Complete with special headset and seat post :smile:
Yep. and Dura Ace groupset !

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I simply don"t believe it the bloody bloke selling the Look has just emailed to say that he has been finding the best way of shipping the Look to me (It has only taken him 2 weeks) ! What the blazes do l do now ? l would love to get hold of the Look but can l trust this bloke and on the other hand l really like the Vitus but l cant really afford both . :hyper:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Complete with special headset and seat post :smile:
Hello midlife, l am still considering the Vitus , the seller tells me it is in very good condition (no problems with flexible frame etc.) but l wonder if you can tell me a little more about the special headset , what makes it special ? apart from its a very nice shape and the seat post looks interesting as well. I wonder if they are features of Vitus 992 bikes or is it just a coincidence on this particular one ?

midlife

Guru
As far as I can remember the 992 had a specific integrated headset where there were no cups in the head tube. The seat post was held in with a special screw and another piece to avoid scratching the seat post. I would assume all the bits are there if you are buying it :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
As far as I can remember the 992 had a specific integrated headset where there were no cups in the head tube. The seat post was held in with a special screw and another piece to avoid scratching the seat post. I would assume all the bits are there if you are buying it :smile:
I am as sure as l can be, in that the bike is in Germany and l haven't seen it in the flesh but the seller has answered all my questions , truthfully l hope but there is always a certain amount of risk involved l guess. I have to say though that either l have been lucky buying like this or the people l have dealt with have been honest . I am not in any rush so l will ask for lots of detailed photographs, l would like one of these Vitus 992 bikes though , nice bit of cycling history, Sean Kelly included .:smile:

Top Bottom