Look what I got for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisz

Über Member
Nice! I have a slightly more modest 3L S-Type which I love. Best of all the bike fits in the back no worries with just the front wheel removed :smile: :smile:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I picked up a 2.0 V6 Rover 75 1 owner FSH a couple of years ago for £1600. Ran it for 2 years and sold it for £1000.

That's only £300 depreciation a year.

Was like driving a limo.

Now got an 03 Vectra hatch, great for the bike.

Jezston

Über Member
Best thing is road tax is £205 a year.

Road Tax?

ROAD TAX?!?

DID SOMEBODY JUST CALL IT ROAD TAX?!?!?

whistling.gif

Jezston

Über Member
My sister has been extolling the virtues of such old jags to me for years. Doubt the insurance for a 4 litre car for a first time driver will be low enough to convince me to learn to drive, though!

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Ah bugger,,,looks like I'm going to have to remove the decomposing bodies from the boot. Try as we may, the Jag's shutlines are so tight I was completely unable to get the bike rack hooks to fit!!

Went for another pointless drive today, my neighbour's eyebrows raised somewhat. Had to explain that I needed something economical and has very green credentials!!

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I love big Jags... really tempted by all the S Type Rs knocking about for under £5k... 400BHP V8 Supercharger and excellent dynamics for peanuts.

No room for a bike though :sad:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
29MPH

My misses can just about get that out of our 1.4 Pug 308, mind you, she has got 6 points endorsed on her license :-)

Chrisz

Über Member
I love big Jags... really tempted by all the S Type Rs knocking about for under £5k... 400BHP V8 Supercharger and excellent dynamics for peanuts.

No room for a bike though :sad:

I have a regular "cooking" 3L V6 (manual) S-Type - the bike fits in no problems - just drop the back seats, pop off the front wheel and in she goes, and I have a very tall saddle!

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Watch the Nickasil engines on the V8, sulpher in late 1990s supermarket petrol damaged the linings of the cylinders and the engines are knackered.

After 2000 the cylinder liners were made of steel.

Rebel Ian

Big exec cars like this are so unfashionable these days you can pick up bargains. I'm waiting for the 5.0 TDi VW Phaeton to drop further and I'll be buying one of those to use as an occasional runaround :smile:

OP
OP
I

iGaz

Thats why I bought the Jag. My work is only 1 mile up the road and I very rarely use the car. But decided on the occasions I do, wanted a bit of luxury.

Top Bottom