Look what this bastard has done to this beautiful bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
silly handlebars, stupid colour for the rims, mudguards, all he needs is a bell and he's really devastated it....

OP
OP
MessenJah

MessenJah

Rider
What I don't understand is why he had to ruin what was a beautiful bike to begin with?! If there was anything wrong with it then why didn't he restore it to its former glory? Some fixed/ss conversions actually look good whereas that one just looks like an embarrassing illness. The bike looked really nice before. Vintage style. Now it's ugly; a lame attempt at copying the horrendous modern style street fixes.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Well he obviousely uses the seat post for other thingsxx(

Not my type of bike though, handlebars are way too long, mudguards spoil it abit. Not too keen on the lime green/black wheels either.

stevenb

Rhythm Thief said:
I like that. He's taken an old clunker and built it into something different. I don't think I could get on with those handlebars though, but each to their own. What was so beautiful about the thing in the first place, by the way?:rolleyes:

Ditto..:biggrin:

He's just set the rear brake up for now....he'll trim it down.
Looks much better now IMO.:biggrin:

gavintc

Guru
MessenJah said:
Well, there's no accounting for taste.

Here's a pic of a different bike, same model.

Classic.

As seen at civic amenity sites throughout UK. It does not flip my switch in any way.

rootes

like they say "if you own you can do what you damn well like!"

and at least it is being used (hopefully)

GrahamG

Guru
I'm with Messenjah on this, it's a nice classic sit up and beg which not only makes it worth keeping as it is but also means it's the worst possible donor frame - that is guaranteed to be a shoot ride.

How's this for a half-way house? He should have made it a fixed city bike and kept the original bar/stem and chainguard/mudguards but had the benefit of riding it fixed.

Tharg2007

Veteran
looks like the rims dont have machined sidewalls, why go to the bother of sourcing rims without machined sidewalls and then fit brakes?????

stevew

Got to agree it's not for me, just plain ugly from here !
Oh, and it's unfinished. Seems to be all out of balance visually.

Top Bottom