Looking behind you

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Wobbly bob, 20 Apr 2010.

1. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I have a 4th, the 'Hard Stare', which is 3, but with a glare added...:smile:

2. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Relax, sound like you are too tense while riding. Fine a quite area off road and practices talking you hand off the bars and then look over you shoulder. Then once you are used to doing that try looking over your shoulder with both hands on the bars, but mainly steering with the opposite hand. Keep practising until you feel confident.

3. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

In addition to the advice above, I also have a good look at the road in front of me before I look behind (potholes, dead animals, etc) :sad:

4. SimonC

SimonC Well-Known Member

I have a 5th, "The *!@$!!", which is as per your no.4 but with a selected expletive added....

5. OP
    OP
    Wobbly bob

Wobbly bob Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the hints and tips guys I will be giving them a try :biggrin:
    Bob

6. I find that the quicker I am going the longer I can look behind me. If I am going slow then only a quick glance is possible before I start to lose control. To which end I have purchased a bar end mirror for the tourer and will soon get a mirror for the hybrid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice