Looking for a hybrid...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Sounds like good advice - thanks again!
hmmm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specializ...UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4601c3da0c#ht_500wt_1287

Could be worth watching (upgraded wheels and pedals too)

That looks nice. I am surprised at the sizing though I have a Secteur Sport road bike that I believe is exactly the same frame as the Sirrus and mine is a 58cm and badged as an XL. Must be different sizing for the hybrid version. Either way I am about 6'1/2" and a 58cm is ideal for me.

vickster

Legendary Member
XL Sirrus is a 61cm frame, I had one which got nicked. It was too big for me. I also had an XL Crossstrail which was fine though, Specialized sizing seems a little random. Ebay one looks good if you are local

OP
OP
db7db7

db7db7

Typical, i tried to buy the elite last week and it had sold out. However, i was able to pick up a sirrus comp 2011 second hand and barely used from a website for £350 so v pleased. Just all the accessories to buy now! Thanks again for your help.

OP
OP
db7db7

db7db7

Just bought cage, bottle, lights, lock and spare tube. To get: rack, bags (thinking altura aran 36L - won't use them often) and pump. Going to sort these others in a few weeks i think.

OP
OP
db7db7

db7db7

Nah, just a cable for now - i'll barely need to lock it because the bike's for leisure not commuting (my old bike never needed to be locked as it was always with me - this won't be going out of my sight!)

vickster

Legendary Member
Be very careful, my last Sirrus was nicked within the space of 15 minutes on an extremely busy road when secured with just a cable lock :sad: Cut clean through

OP
OP
db7db7

db7db7

Cheers for the advice. Have got a decent cable lock 15m thick and will look into a D lock for when i leave it anywhere - quite like the look of the d locks with heavy duty wire for wheels etc.

OP
OP
db7db7

db7db7

Just a quick update. just got back from the london-paris ride. was amazing and the bike is now my new best friend - sirrus comp 2011 - was superb in every respect, not had a single prob since getting it (apart from knee pain) but so chuffed with it - thanks for the advice - sooooooo useful!
D:bicycle:

Top Bottom