Looking for a new mobile.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

Afternoon All

I'm about to change / renew my contract, and I can choose a new mobile.

I've got a Nokia N70, which is a complete waste of time, as it has stuff like microsoft word on - which I never ever ever use!!! As a result of all the extraneous rubbish which is on there, it takes about a minute to "boot up" when I switch it on. The other daft thing is that it has a slide on the back to protect the camera lens, and whenever it slides, it turns the camera on.

I'm after a phone which is used primarily as a phone!!!

I almost never ever text, and the last time I tried I made a mess of it.

But I do like using the camera.

Any bright ideas?? I have always used Nokia as I'm old enough not to want to be bamboozled by some completely different operating system (;):biggrin::blush:), but believe that the decent ones these days will be actually quite straightforward!!

Thanks!!:sad::smile:

chris42

Do not get a Samsung U600
They look fantastic but got my 2 week old company one a little wet, spalshed by my 4 year old, was in my pocket.
Now completly dead. Shop won't touch it due to water damage.
Pile of crap.

Keith Oates

Janner
Sony-Ericsson seem quite good, but if you saw the sales lady in the Nokia shop in Hai Phong I'm sure you would only want to stay with your same brand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gkerr4

I have the Nokia 6300 which I am very impressed with. It has no reall fancy features - it is a 'phone' phone - if you see what I mean. It is very small, well finished with it's stainless steel case and piano black bits. An excellent screen - it is light and has things like bluetooth, a 2Mp camera has some calendar functions and a music player (for the little microSD card that you put into a slot under the battery)

it looks great and the sound quality in calls is excellent. it fits in your back pocket too and the only gripe I would have it that battery life isn't the bect I have ever seen - although I think it will be better than your N70

OP
OP
mosschops2

mosschops2

Cheers for the advice so far - the bad is as important as the good!!!

Unless I can find a very attractive Nokia salesperson (the bloke I was chatting to in the T Mobile shop wasn't really my type!!!).... I may well plump for a Sony Ericsson.....

Arch

Married to Night Train
I may be looking for a mobile soon. I fancy one with little aeroplanes, but I think dragonflies would also be good, or maybe stars and planets.

It's happened. I've got 'baby brain'...

fuzzy29

I only had Nokia's for years as I also didn't want to learn how to use a different phone. But a couple of months ago, my bother persuaded me to get a Sony and I am more than happy with it. I only needed to look at the manual to see how to install the battery. There are buttons on the phone for instant access to the excellent MP3 player, the camera and your photos, so you don't spend ages trying to get to the function you want. Also, the PC software is simple to use and the USB cable makes transferring songs easy. My next phone will also be a Sony and I never thought I would say that.

Top Bottom