Looking for a recumbent.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dutch

I have a Performer JC70 trike, it’s very quick.
20” tyres at front with disc brakes
700cc wheel at rear
30 Gears
just had the rear derailleur replaced, all the cable replaced in the last month Professionally.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Popped a deposit down on a Nazca Fuego. Will collect it in a couple of weeks.
Getting it from LaidBack in Edinburgh?
I :wub: my Fuego and Dave at LB reckons it is one of the best 'bents around - the Fuego, not specifically my one ! ;)

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
No, I’m getting it private from off the BHPC classifieds. I’ve left the guy a deposit, but can’t collect until next week due to work commitments. Glad that you are loving yours. I hear nothing but good things about them so am quite excited. Would have preferred to have bagged one with a large frame, as I think I’m borderline for the medium. However, none seem to have presented themselves, so medium will have to do. At least it’s in the best colour. Yellow :smile:

I see that you are Edinburgh based..... That has got to be super handy. No wonder you’ve got your hands on a Fuego ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
@BilboSmeggins - Yup, super handy ... except he keeps getting lots of lovely new shiny stuff in :wub: .
One issue I have with the Fuego is with the rear mudguard - it breaks a few cms up from where it attaches to the frame under the seat. I've superglued it together and put duct tape 'strengthening' over it but to no avail. :headshake: Haven't got to the bottom of it yet :scratch:, so might be worth asking your seller if he has had similar issues - and what he did.
It might just be that my seat is very recumbent and bangs on the mudguard - but I'm not that heavy !
I'm 6'3" and have a Large (Fuego ;)) frame and seat and it is supremely comfortable - fits me perfectly. Not the lightest bike but it flies downhill.....:hyper:

PS LaidBack have a Large frame Fuego available ... :whistle: :evil: ^_^

PaulM

Guru
Hi. I'm holding on to the Paseo. I might be selling my Origami or AZUB trike in a few weeks because I have something else coming, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Top Bottom