Looking for a Turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

Im looking for a turbo trainer and i have about £150 to spend.
Im not totally sure what im looking at but ill be using my Trek on it and ideally i dont want to have to keep changing my rear QR, or change my rear tyre.
Ive been told it depends on what QR you have wether or not you have to change it but how can you tell if im buying one online.
Also do you really get that much extra tyre wear on one more than tarmac.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Something like this? I have an older version bought from a chap on gumtree. Came sans skewer but it doesn't matter as the cups are huge and sit over my standard Mavic skewer anyway.

TACX I believe have a specific skewer setup which they all include, theres no harm in leaving it in the wheel either.

Tyre wear isn't much of an issue, wear hasn't been noticeably excessive in the 18months I've had mine, same tyres used on the road too.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

That's the one I was looking at and the cycleops mag one, but I'm torn between them.
In bike radar the elite one got panned but maybe that's then being bias, but I do prefer it.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Something like this? I have an older version bought from a chap on gumtree. Came sans skewer but it doesn't matter as the cups are huge and sit over my standard Mavic skewer anyway.

TACX I believe have a specific skewer setup which they all include, theres no harm in leaving it in the wheel either.

Tyre wear isn't much of an issue, wear hasn't been noticeably excessive in the 18months I've had mine, same tyres used on the road too.
With the elite one could I use a MTB on it, not mine the wife's.

Top Bottom