Looking for a WIRED basic cycle computer with thermometer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
I am looking for a cheap and cheerful WIRED cycle computer that has a thermometer as part of it.
Tried looking myself obviously but can only find wireless ones. I've had two wireless ones in the past and they never perform properly. On certain sections of my route they go berserk. Must be some interference. Back light would be nice too as we head into winter. but not essential.

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
I've found one on amazon that "ticks all the boxes" but the reviews are a bit hit and miss...
would prefer a reputable brand. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cycle-Spee...00WT4U74Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

KneesUp

Guru
I got one that meets all the criteria apart from the light for £2.49 in the reduced bin in Aldi. Think they regularly have them in the bike weeks for £5 full price.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think I remember a Sigma that gave Fahrenheit if you used miles and Celsius if you used kilometres. One of the discount stores' cycling offers also had one like that too - you can have metric or imperial but you can't mix and match.

That is so feckin' annoying. IME, they also assume you want to use 24hr clock if you're on metric and 12hr if you're on imperial. OK, so I do prefer to use 24hr clock, but it winds me up that it is forced on me rather than making the decision for myself.

Totally irrational, I know, but it's the principle, dammit!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That is so feckin' annoying. IME, they also assume you want to use 24hr clock if you're on metric and 12hr if you're on imperial. OK, so I do prefer to use 24hr clock, but it winds me up that it is forced on me rather than making the decision for myself.

Once upon a time we used to wind clocks up, now they wind us up!

These a simple devices. They try to make the UI as simple as possible and it's true, most countries that use miles (ie the US) use F and 12 hour clock. It's not worth complicating the UI for the few users who want miles/C/24.

Switch to km, and join the rest of the civilised world. ;)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Switch to km, and join the rest of the civilised world. ;)

I switched to km years ago (around the time I took up audax, probably, which is over 10 years ago). And I measure my weight in kilos and height in cm too. I've never understood Fahrenheit and I prefer the 24hr clock.

But it's the principle, dammit! I resent being told that I have to choose all metric or all imperial, even if that's what I do anyway.

Like I said, totally irrational.

I acknowledge that.

Also acknowledge that you make a totally fair point about these being simple devices and it's not reasonable to expect complex options.

froze

Über Member
I like Sigmas, I have two of them and each are now about 7 to 8 years old and still going strong. I think they are very well built with good number of features at a reasonable cost.

Top Bottom